About the Company
Sundre Daycare Centre
About the Role
Executive / Assistant Executive Director - MATERNITY LEAVE (12 Month)
When an Assistant Director and Executive Director are present, they will divide the tasks below and set forth the tasks each are primarily responsible for.
The interim Assistant Director will work in the programs directly and have scheduled days/time off the floor to complete job tasks. Training will be provided by the Executive Director and Assistant Director prior to the 12 month leave.
This position is subject to start May 1st, 2024.
- To provide continuity within the day-to-day operations of the centre to ensure compliance with Licensing Regulations and the SDC policies.
- To serve as a “Public Relations Officer” between the SDC Programs and the Community
- The Executive Director is responsible to the Board of Directors
- The Assistant Executive Director is responsible to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- MUST have a current Level 1, 2 or 3 Childcare Certification
- Valid First Aid CPR
- Current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Intervention Check
- Responsible for child welfare and ensuring ratios are maintained.
- Responsible for completing the duties of unfilled roles.
- Responsible for making sure fire drills are being completed once each month (as per Licensing) and an annual check of fire extinguishers expiration dates.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and adhering to an annual budget.
- Maintains regular communication with the Bookkeeper/Treasurer
- Manages accounts payable and receivable including paying incoming invoices and uploading supporting financial documents to OneDrive.
- Applies for grants and other funding when applicable and keeps the board informed of the applications if other documentation is needed (i.e., financials to back up applications)
- Responsible for subsidy submission reports and providing parents and staff with information as well as submitting monthly subsidy information whilst ensuring this matches the parent handbook.
- Responsible for invoicing customers, providing receipts, and following up with respect to late or missed payments.
- Active promotion of the SDC programs
- Strong knowledge of SDC policies and willing to enforce and assist in policy development as needed.
- Responsible for the preparation and completion of forms as required by the municipal and provincial government including completing child assessments at a minimum of once annually.
- Organizing and facilitating monthly staff meetings (1.5 hours max)
- Ensuring BOD are notified and invited to staff meetings.
- Attend monthly Board of Director meetings and regular communication with the board.
- Responsible for organizing repairs.
- Responsible for picking up the mail and distributing and delegating incoming communications as needed.
- Ensuring program participation in quarterly interagency meetings
- Completion of the annual WCB report
- Communication and correspondence with WCB, Co-operators, and ADP for payroll
- Regular communication with the Treasurer and helping fulfill bookkeeping role as requested.
- Supervision and review of all staff and volunteers, including hiring, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Responsible for consulting with the Board of Directors for final approval when hiring new staff.
- Participation in a minimum of 8 hours of trackable professional development per year and sharing professional development opportunities with staff.
Full-time, Fixed term contract
$19.00-$30.00 per hour
Expected hours: 35 – 40 per week, there will be a need for evening and weekend commitments for community events. There will also be a need for opening early, and staying late when staffing is needed.