About the Company
Town of Olds
About the Role
The Town of Olds has an opening for a temporary Administrative Support – Protective Services position to cover during a leave of absence. As Administrative Support – Protective Services, you will assist the members of our Protective Services department operate more efficiently to help serve the residents of Olds. Every day you will provide incredible customer service to both residents and employees of Olds by gathering information and resources and then filtering and prioritizing the tasks that need to be completed. To thrive in this role, you should have experience in customer service positions and/or providing front line administrative support in an office environment. Prior experience working with, or the understanding of, the roles of first responders and/or enforcement personnel would be an asset.
The Town of Olds has a population of just under 10,000 people. The Protective Services department was created in 2021 and is made up of Fire, Municipal Enforcement, and Emergency Management. Last year our Municipal Enforcement department issued 405 tickets and warnings related to traffic infractions. The Fire Department responded to 435 calls in 2022 ranging from false alarms, structure fires, motor vehicle collisions to medical responses.
We are looking for an administrative support person with experience …
• Providing front line customer service on the phone and to customers inside and outside the Town of Olds organization.
• Drafting letters, emails, and reports to be reviewed in response to inquiries using Microsoft Word and Outlook.
• Creating templates in Word or Adobe Pro DC.
• Using Outlook to organize your own time and that of others.
• Using Excel to create spreadsheets for data analysis and reporting.
• Responding to voicemail and phone calls.
• Data entry into multiple programs. The programs we use extensively are Emergency Reporting and MRF.
The wage range for this position is $27.42 - $31.12 per hour. The annual salary is based on a 37.5-hour work week and includes health benefits. Interested parties are invited to send a cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications by November 27, 2023, at 8:30 am to:
Town of Olds
4512 46 Street
Olds AB T4H 1R5
The Town of Olds thanks all applicants, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.